After much demand, SpiderFoot now finally has a CLI! Watch this space for some video tutorials. Meanwhile,
python ./sfcli.py --help is your friend.
New Modules / Data Sources
This release introduces five new modules and an update to sfp_sharedip to include an additional data source:
- sfp_googlemaps: Identifies potential physical addresses and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- sfp_clearbit: Searches Clearbit Check for names, addresses, domains and more based on lookups of e-mail addresses identified.
- sfp_alienvault: Searches AlienVault OTX for threat intelligence related to idenified IPs, netblocks, hostnames and affiliates.
- sfp_bitcoin: Looks for Bitcoin wallet addresses in fetched web content.
- sfp_malcheck: Now queries Fortinet and Watchguard’s threat intelligence data feeds. Dead packetmail.net references replaced with kittenlasers.com.
- sfp_dns: Now identifies DNS SPF records.
Enhancements / Bug fixes
- Added a requirements.txt file for better dependency management.
- UI “New Scan” and “Options” screens now show a lock icon next to modules requiring API keys.
- SpiderFoot might sometimes hang on some DNS queries, so a timeout was introduced.
- When fetching only HEAD requests (to determine the size of a request), a timeout was missing which is now added.
- Additional information has been added to the About box.
- Scan IDs are now much shorter, mainly to make workin with them in the CLI easier.
- Misc. minor bug fixes and tweaks.